The name suggests that the Shoei NXR2 Mural is a successor to the NXR, but it is much more. The appearance seems to match, technically the helmet has been completely changed. In addition, the NXR2 Mural is the first helmet from the Shoei collection that passes the stricter ECE 22.06 requirements.
What are the changes and areas for improvement? We briefly list them for you:
- Both lift and pull of the helmet are reduced by 4-6% compared to the NXR
- An extra layer is added to the helmet shell for more safety
- The weight is optimally distributed over the helmet, so you experience the helmet as very light
- In addition to the shell, the visor has also been redesigned. The CWR-F2 visor is a lot bigger than the CWR-1 visor of its predecessor and now has the closure in the middle instead of on the side. This makes it easy to operate whether you are right or left-handed.
- Wind deflectors have been placed on the visor (derived from the X-Spirit III), which increases the stability of the helmet.
- Multiple ventilation channels and a large air outlet have been placed on the NXR2. These provide cooling and suck the warm air out of the helmet, as it were.
- 6 openings at the brow and at the chin
- 4 outputs at the rear
- Of course, the Shoei NXR2 is equipped with a Pinlock® antifog lens.
- But still doesn't have a sun visor. If you see this as a lack, the helmet can always be equipped with a photochromic visor, which colours with the daylight. Dark when the sun shines and bright on dark days. The
- NXR2, therefore, remains a small, compact helmet, with great ease of use.
- And finally, no SRL communication preparation. Of course, you can mount a universal Bluetooth headset as a communication system.
And if the helmet does not fit you optimally, there is always the option of a Shoei Personal Fitting.