Biker Outfit is Alpinestars's official dealer of the "Tech Air airbag system" for the Amsterdam area
The result of over a decade of development in MotoGP and following on from Alpinestars’ first-generation racing airbag system and the launch of the ground-breaking Tech-Air™ Street, this latest version of Alpinestars Tech-Air™ technology brings full upper body protection to serious track day and performance riders. Sold separately and compatible with the new GP Pro Leather Suit, the Tech-Air™ Race is completely self-contained, meaning there are no bike-to-rider set-up configurations required, which ensures the ultimate in convenience, freedom and versatility. When fully inflated, the system’s airbag offers critical protection to the back, kidneys, chest and shoulders. Plus, with a simple upgrade the versatile system firmware, the Race system can be configured to run the Tech-Air™ Street setting for non-race use in road and off-road situations.
- Ergonomically profiled, performance fit airbag vest optimized for use with compatible racing/performance riding airbag leather suit.
- Electronic Airbag Control Unit (ACU) incorporated within strong, lightweight, ergonomic polymer back protector, optimized for race and track use.
- Electronic sensors incorporated in the system’s chassis, mean vest is completely self-contained and allows it to be worn interchangeably with compatible garments.
- Advanced multi-material main shell incorporates Lycra®, 2D mesh and Cordura.
- Interior comprises of perforated Lycra, 3D mesh and soft touch edging for high levels of comfort.
- Specially designed, race-developed back protector, offering comprehensive inflatable full upper body protection for back shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen.
- Incorporates removable inner mesh and elastic Velcro® waistband to position airbag system and ensure custom fit and improve adjustability.
- Deployment system utilizes argon inflator cartridges which are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard.
- System’s firmware is upgradable and can be configured to run the Tech-Air Street airbag settings for non-racing use in road and off-road situations.
- ACU is seal-protected within vest to ensure its all-weather performance and the vest and componentry are certified to function in all weather conditions between -10⁰C and +50⁰C.
- ACU has been homologated to ECE R10 04, which ensures the electromagnetic integrity and stability of the unit.
- System uses an integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 25 hours and a recharge time of approximately 6 hours. Micro USB charger allows convenient recharging of system, with one hour of charging time giving four hours of riding coverage.
- System vest incorporates convenient connection system, allowing system to be connected to race suit quickly and easily for peace-of-mind activation of airbag and LED display.
- Color coded front YKK zippers allow for vest to be easily and securely attached to outer jacket.
- Category II CE Certified to the 686/89/EEC European PPE Directive, using a version of EN1621-4:2013, which guarantees impact protection performance between 45 milliseconds to 5 seconds.
- Design and manufacture CE certified to the 2007/23/EC pyrotechnic directive.
- Size Chart: M = 48-50 Suit, L = 52-54 Suit, XL = 56-58 Suit